Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting ready ... while not actually getting ready?

One of the things that most concerns me personally about any sort of survival situation is my kids.  Will they know what to do, how will they react, etc.

To help with this I've started talking to them in the car.  What would you do right now if there was a car accident and I was unconcious and my phone shattered?



In other words, I play a lot of "what would you do if ..." type of games in the car.

Interestingly they seem to REALLY enjoy it and have gotten in on the action themselves and started bringing their own "what would you do if..." scenarios to the table.

The great thing about this is that it's getting them to think about and consider survival situations and scenarios and reason out possible reactions ahead of an actual event.  Our constant talking about this has "cemented" their responses to certain things.

So, what would your kids do if ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment